Thursday, November 11, 2010

Early Call of Duty: Black Ops review



So I was one of the 5 something million that bought Call of Duty: Black Ops when it first came out. I have not done a lot of multiplayer yet because I am one of those people who has to finish the campaign first. So I'm gonna give a quick review of the campaign.

First of, the game does not take place in the modern era like some (including myself) assumed. The setting is in the 60s, Cold War era, which I found to actually be as interesting if not more so than the modern ear. The storyline is give and take. The missions of the game are basically flashbacks that the main character has while he is being interrogated/tortured by an unknown person. You do quite a bit of jumping around in the world, Cuba, Laos, Russia, you get to see quite a bit. Is the story line as good at Modern Warfare 2? In my opinion, no. The storyline gets a bit boring and predictable after a while.

My other complaint about the campaign is there are too many vehicle events. Not only do you have to man a turrent like you did in other COD games, but now you also have to drive the vehicles as well. The controls for that suck, like almost as bad a Halo vehicle controls. You also have to run and make these long ass jumps in some levels. I thought I was played a FPS, not a platformer guys...

So in summary I give the campaign a B-. From what I've played of multiplayer already, I'm pretty sure I'll be giving it an A

No comments:

Post a Comment