Monday, June 2, 2014

Audio Book Review: Templar

There is only duty.

Anyone that knows me finds it to be no surprise that I purchased this audio book as soon as it came out, lol.

I really don't want to spoil things for anyone but if you are a fan of the Black Templars or Imperial Fists I highly recommend buying it and giving it a listen. It's a little over an hour long but it gives great insight on Sigismund, the man who became the first Emperor's Champion and then Chapter Master of the Black Templars. There are also a few other extremely noteworthy characters in the story that have excellent interactions with Sigismund. I now have even more respect for Sigismund after listening to this. I really hope Black Library expands upon the story of Sigismund, especially his heroics during the Siege of Terra. This audio book definitely cements the Black Templars as MY chapter!

I wish it went more in depth but there's only so much ground you can cover in an hour on an audio book. The production quality is top notch. I have always been impressed by Black Library's audio books and this one continues the legacy of top notch voice actors and sound effects.

4.5/5 Stars from a rabid Black Templars fan boy!

2 comments:

  1. Heh.
    Templars are pretty silly, but Sigismund and the Fists have been pretty badass in all their Horus Heresy appearances.
    Still...I wonder 'bout the whole 'Neophyte' thing.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the rules made the Templars look like idiots in the past with the whole Righteous Zeal thing (which should have been optional IMO), but the books do a good job of painting them in a different light. Hellsreach is a damn good read as well, and written by Aaron Dembski-Bowden!

    ReplyDelete