Monday, March 30, 2015

It's Been A While....


Oh do I fucking hate that song!

So yea, I apparently haven't posted anything since August, after Gencon, lol. Talk about a hiatus.... So what have I been up to since then? I'll give you the Cliff notes version.

So I started a 5th Edition D&D campaign that lasted all of one day. 5th Ed is awesome and I love it, but between being stuck on midnights and the holiday season being a living hell, I had absolutely no motivation to DM. I fell into WoW, again, because of that new expansion that came out. That lasted all of one month, fuck that game. Same shit over and over again but now with more Farmville thrown in! I got into the World of Warships beta and that's been a lot of fun. For the most part I've been doing a lot of PC gaming and pretty much zero tabletop gaming.

So Adepticon was last weekend, and I didn't go for the first time in 5 years. Since I haven't touched a tabletop in quite some time I didn't feel like burning all the vacation time to go (was scheduled to work that weekend). I also got sick on Saturday so that really screwed things up. Looking back I do regret not going, even if it was just for a few hours. I missed out on seeing all the people I normally hang out with at Adepticon, like Carl from the IC's, Phil from Firebase Delta (the Podfather), and Big Jim was even there! That's the part that sucked the most, missing out on meeting Big Jim :(

For some reason my interest in 40K and even Warhammer Fantasy slightly came back. Thinking about Adepticon made me go back to reading the Guant's Ghosts books that I still haven't finished. Those new Adeptius Mechanicus models looking freaking amazing, so I'm sure that had something to do with it as well.

The other thing that got me slightly back into GW are the rumors I read about Fantasy. One word in particular, SKIRMISH! Please be true, please be true! GW desperately needs to go in that direction. Their fanbase is just getting older, kids are not getting into WH as much as they thought and us older gamers don't have the time to paint 200 models or play 3 hour long games. So as you can see I really hope this pans out.

So I'll try to post here and there, depends on my gaming habits I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment