Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Incoming: Grey Templars?!



Before I get started, I do not reflect the views of TEW in it's entirety. It is well known that I am very opinionated and slightly biased, so take this with a grain of salt if need be...



So GW dropped pics of the upcoming Grey Knights on their website today. After waiting 5 minutes for the pages to load on their extremely poorly written webpage, I was not impressed. The Dreadknight straight up looks like the robot that Ripley used in "Aliens". The Grey Knights themselves honestly look like Black Templars with Storm Bolters and different shoulder pads. They look so close to Templars that I swear they took the heads and cloaks straight off the Black Templars upgrade sprue.


I can barely tell that the Terminators (shown above) are in Terminator armor.


Lord Draigo (pictured above) looks decent, but once again I can't help but think Templar when I see him.


In my honest opinion, it looks like GW kitbashed their own stuff in order to make the GKs. I guess you start to run out of ideas when half of your armies are Space Marines. I just can't wait for the Black Templars to come out and have people say they look like Grey Knights with different bits...

Now add the rumors that the Codex was changed by the accounting department, GW retweeting people who are drooling over them left and right and the fact that GW posted 3 articles about the GKs in under an hour (one which still will not load properly), this reeks of desperation. Is GW this desperate for sales? What a let down.

At least there's Khador...

No comments:

Post a Comment