Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let's Go Hawks

So it ends up being Blackhawks vs Flyers for the Stanley Cup. Let me get this out of the way, I FUCKING HATE THE FLYERS!!!! I don't know what it is about them but I just can't fucking stand them. I noticed today that the Flyers Captain Mike Richards touched the Prince of Wales Trophy.



Common hockey folk lore stated that to touch either the Campbell or Wales trophy is a curse because the only trophy a hockey player wants to touch is the Stanley Cup. Now I know that Sidney Crosby touched the trophy last year, but that's Sidney Crosby. Sid is well on his way to becoming a legend. Now Mike Richards on the other hand, he's an over rated hack.





Johnny Toews on the other hand, he's a  REAL captain and also well on his way to becoming a hall of famer. He also has class and respect for the game and it's traditions.

Chicago Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews (L) stands next to the Campbell Conference Trophy with NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly after Game 4 of the NHL Western Conference final hockey game in Chicago, May 23, 2010. The Blackhawks won the game 4-2 to win the series four games to none to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT ICE HOCKEY)



So I'm really hoping that the curse returns after making an exception for Sid.



















Hawks in 6 is my prediction.

C Swizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment